Weekly update #3 [24/6-30/6]

This week I have finished the client side component and once the api between the client and the server is complete I will request merging into master. This should be the last week of me working on the client side component.

My system now currently catches any errors that occur and offer to submit the error report to our servers. It uses file_get_contents or curl depending on availability and respects the proxy settings set by the user.

I wrap all global functions starting with PMA_ I also wrap the callback for AJAX.registerOnload as well as the handler for $.fn.on since it is used excessively throughout the code.

I have tested the code in the latest versions of browsers available on linux (so no IE or safari yet) and it works ok.

I have started on the server side component and created a repo. I have setup the server on my computer. Once I make things more portable I will probably push the initial version of the server early this week. A lot of things are currently dependant on my current setup so it is of no use to push them to a public repo for now.

I will be using cakephp as my development framework. I would have rather used Ruby on Rails but I figure it would be easier on the developers who already know the language to use a php framework.

This week my task is to basically create the server. I have gotten a head start already. I will be using the extra time to take on some of the tasks of the next week so that I would be ahead of schedule.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s